Our team is mobile! We do prevention education workshops at your church, pre-school, elementary or Jr. high School, in the classroom, at the next PTA meeting, or community event. We’ll come to your board meeting in the office or your block-watch meeting in the neighborhood, and we’ll work around your schedule.
Designed for adults, a 90-minute presentation, which dispels many myths and clarifies the truths about sexual predators, abuse, and abduction. Learn whom predators are and what can be done to identify and stop them. Together, we can beat the statistics!
- Washington’s laws, Megan’s laws; where these laws can and cannot protect our children.
- Learn the 10 most important Family Safety Rules, along with how to teach them.
- Predator lures: teaching kids to keep themselves safe without instilling fear.
- How to spot a “tricky person” and what to do about it.
- Assertive techniques for children to be in charge of their own bodies.
- Communication skills to create strong physical & emotional boundaries between adults and children.
- How to make sure your kids come to you if something inappropriate happens.
- The distinction between “stranger danger” and “familiar danger”.
- Take home materials for parents and children.
What better way for children to learn about protecting themselves than to learn they are the boss of their own bodies, and that their own feelings are the most important? Other points covered in this fun class are:
- Our 10 family safety rules and what they mean.
- What to do and say if someone gives them the “oh-oh” feeling.
- How to identify grown-ups they trust.
- A thorough kid friendly explanation of boundaries-why they’re important.
- Children will also view a short musical video, and play a game that reinforces rules & concepts taught.
- Take home materials for children.
This is a fun way for children to learn important safety skills in a familiar setting!
We will come to your classroom or home with all our materials. You simply need to provide a DVD/TV hook-up. A minimum of 5 kids is required for a Kids Empowerment Party.
Contact us for more information on scheduling a workshop. We are able to adjust the length and costs of our workshops to accommodate the needs of your particular group or organization.